Sales Director – Hydro Supplies (Remote)
Sales Director – Hydro Supplies
M&F Talent has a client who is one of the leading hydroponic and gardening equipment suppliers in the world. They are looking to hire a New Sales Director is to oversee the activities of the sales team, increase revenues through key account management & customer acquisition, and guide company growth.
The Sales Director will work closely with the leadership team to develop strategic sales plans, as well as hire and motivate the sales team. The Sales Director will coordinate sales efforts in new markets and regions, as well as current markets and customers.
- Increase company visibility and exposure with retail partners and commercial growers in the hydroponics / indoor gardening industry and identify new opportunities in these areas.
- Design and implement an aggressive business development plan to achieve revenue growth goals, focused on fully utilizing existing sales reps, and determine strategic locations for new reps, as needed.
- Ensure individual reps are meeting or exceeding individual annual sales revenue objectives
- Aggressively pursue and secure new greenhouse and grow room development projects and distributor stocking
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and directions in the hydro and cannabis industries that may impact the company’s strategic
- Regularly schedule on-site sales calls and presentations with the sales team members of customers to identify new end-user projects, create interest in products, and perform product demonstrations and
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key existing and target customers.
- Build product and brand awareness with prospects, existing customers, and channel partners; and secure new product
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development
- Contribute to the development of proposal pricing
- Utilize the company adopted CRM to capture activity, opportunities, contacts, and documents related to existing and targeted new
- Periodically meet with existing and prospective customers at their place of business to build and maintain key
- Prepare and submit sales forecasts, new opportunity reports, and other management reports on a timely
- Present monthly, quarterly, and annual sales revenue forecasts to the C-suite.
- Guide and oversee Sales Reps in their efforts focused on Client acquisition and sales progression.
- BA Degree in Business or similar (preferred)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of successful sales experience in building a territory and increasing sales. 2 to 3 years of successful sales experience directly in the hydroponics space or related
- Knowledge of the hydroponics, cannabis, indoor gardening, and controlled environment agriculture industries.
- Working knowledge of the greenhouse and grow room environment a
- The ability to close new business and expand existing accounts.
- Self-motivated, self-starter who operates with a sense of
- Experienced using group meeting tools.
If you would like to learn more about the Sales Director position or M&F Talent’s hydroponics recruiting services, please Contact Us.