Retail Business Development Manager – Frozen Food Imports
M&F Talent has a client that is a recognized leader in frozen food imports that needs to hire a new Retail Business Development Manager. By way of their extensive knowledge of imports and exports with strategic investments in food safety, warehousing, distribution, and repacking, our client provides custom solutions to meet customer needs at all levels of the food industry.
The Retail Business Development role is a great opportunity to work for a well a well-established international, sustainable, growing, and financially strong company that offers a bright future. Our client provides an autonomous environment that allows for creative thinking and entrepreneurial workflow, as well as fringe benefits such as profit sharing, health/dental coverage, paid vacations, and hybrid work schedules.
Location: Hybrid & Kingston, ON (Canada)
- Establish relationships and secure contracts directly with new suppliers and customers.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from customer engagement to payments on closed sales.
- Prospect for new customers and qualify against company criteria.
- Consult with prospective clients about requirements.
- Work with supplier product specialists to address customer requirements.
- Work with marketing and packaging team members to address customer requirements
- Costing analysis
- Draft and deliver proposals.
- Make presentations to senior managers and decision-makers.
- Able to multitask.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and performance.
- Achieve sales quotas and targets.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in retail category management
- U.S. and/or Canadian retail experience is required as he/she will be selling to both US and Canadian category managers at corporate offices.
- Understanding retail operations and supply chain is a must.
- Entrepreneurial in nature with a persistent desire to succeed.
- Good communicator with the ability to recognize and close deals.
- Analytical and driven.
- Strong negotiator and self-motivated
- Able to prospect and gain market knowledge and insights.
- Ability to pivot to customer’s needs.
- Capable of presenting to decision-makers and executives
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
Contact us if you would like to learn more about our Retail Business Development Manager job or M&F Talent’s staffing services for the food manufacturing industry.