Production Planning Analyst – Floral Operations
M&F Talent has a floral production client that needs to hire a new Production Planning Analyst.
As a world leader in the horticultural industry, our client is a market leader in vegetatively propagated flowering annuals, supplying weekly perishable orders to customers. They are also a leading breeder and distributor of flowers and vegetables around the globe.
The Production Planning Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring production facilities receive on-time forecasts which allow our client to meet the demands of their customers. The role is responsible for the implementation of short and long-range demand forecasts.
Location: Chicago, IL
- Conduct detailed analysis for each flower product at the facility
- Implement forecasts, considering seasonality, market trends, and customer demand patterns
- Ensure a higher forecast accuracy enabling optimal inventory levels, minimize stockouts, and reduce excess inventory cost
- Collaborate with sales team to gather market intelligence and incorporate it into the demand planning process
- Ensure the right product mix is available to ensure customer satisfaction
- Monitor the impact of market changes or significant variances in the forecast versus sales
- Recommend appropriate revisions and communicate changes to the production team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ensure effective communication and timely posting of inventory to provide a competitive edge in the marketplace
- Manage a hybrid work schedule – 2 days from home and 3 days in the office
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Math or a related field
- Data Analysis, Forecasting, Inventory Management
- Microsoft Office Power BI, Excel functions; Xlookup, Pivot Tables, and Power Queries
- Decision-making, critical thinking, problem-solving, and understanding of seasonality and peak demand times
- Travel: two to three times per year; one domestic and the possibility of one to two international trips (Mexico & Nicaragua) per year
- Key Competencies: Decision Quality, Manages Complexity, Collaboration
Contact Us if you have additional questions about the Production Planning Analyst job or would like to discuss our CEA recruiting services in more detail.