Head of Operations – Vertical Farm
M&F Talent has a CEA production client that needs to hire a new Head of Operations for their vertical farm in Ontario, Canada. The Head of Operations will work closely with the CEO to oversee the day-to-day operations of a vertical farm that grows leafy greens and herbs.
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
- Oversee daily operations of the facility including production; quality control; planning; plant performance reporting; labor management; facility maintenance; and balancing inputs, throughput, and demand.
- Oversee plant expansion with a focus on strategy, project management, and project delivery
- Work as part of a team to optimize the yield and quality of leafy greens and herbs grown hydroponically in a vertical farm.
- Prepare budget and monitor financial performance against those budgets.
- Devise key performance indicator reports for management including food safety, quality, and yield.
- Support safety programs to maintain safe working conditions and food safety compliance.
- Meet regularly with leadership for progress reports, planning, and conflict resolution.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on labor management to meet staffing needs and the development needs of current employees.
- Manage the P&L responsibility for facility operations.
- Oversee greenhouse project activities throughout the lifecycle, including allocating adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Establish and sustain a culture among team members that does not compromise on Safety, Quality, or Compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Environmental Resources, Horticulture, Agriculture, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience in a similar leadership role
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Financial management fluency with experience having full responsibility for a P&L.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work in a solution-focused environment.
- Organizational skills and comfort with ambiguous and fast-changing situations.
- Results-driven personality with a bias towards action.
Contact us if you would like to learn more about the Head of Operations job or M&F Talent’s CEA staffing services.