Field Engineer (Asia)
Field Engineer – Smart Grow Tech
M&F Talent has a client that makes smart grow technology who needs to hire a Field Engineer in the Asia/MEC region. The Field Engineer will go “the extra mile” to ensure that the customer experience is second to none. They will field client calls and help troubleshoot different technologies.
The Field Engineer is also responsible for onboarding and assisting with training partners. As an integral member of a relatively small and busy team, they will need to be agile and capable of working in a fast-paced environment. The Field Engineer will work with controlled environment agriculture (CEA) producers throughout Asia and the Middle East.
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Provide pre-sale technical support to ensure accurate and timely feedback to customers in Asia and the Middle East.
- Perform installation and commissioning of greenhouse control systems on customer sites, located within Asia and Middle East.
- Create electrical & site drawings for installations.
- Collaborate with R&D and the sales team to further enhance installer processes and partner/customer training programs and documentation.
- Providing remote support for (partner) technicians in the field when they are doing installations or commissioning.
- Diagnose and repair faults in the field, whether related to installation or to equipment failure.
- Know the client’s products inside and out so that you can answer questions related to any hardware/software issues, escalating any issues where needed to the relevant team.
- Contribute to product enhancement by both formally (through investigation) and informally (through customer feedback) identifying opportunities for product and process improvement.
- Provide assistance with delivering technical training sessions and (potentially) seminars to partners, customers and internal staff both one-on-one and in a group environment.
- Degree in electrical/electronic (or a qualified electrical tradesman).
- Ability to design electrical systems and schematics drafting.
- Minimum 2, but 5+ years’ experience working in a technical field-based role such as telecommunications, industrial automation, or electrical installation.
- Experience interacting with customers, both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Exposure to the horticultural/ agricultural industry is desirable.
- Knowledge or experience related to pumps or plumbing would be an advantage.
- Experience working on your own on industrial or agricultural sites, in particular, understanding and dealing with occupational health and safety considerations.
- Comfortable using computer technology.
- Can readily create, analyze and interpret technical Information.
- Can multi-task and knows how to prioritize.
If you would like to learn more about the Field Engineer job or M&F Talent’s recruiting offerings, please Contact Us.